Yesterday I had the courage to take both babies to Target. By myself.
It was such a fabulous idea...I even made my "list" during nap time and tucked my coupons away neatly in my purse. We roll into Target around 4pm and it was hotter than Haiti outside. I slid right in to a spot next to the parking lot cart holder. It was pure luck because it was afterall a HOPPIN' Tuesday afternoon at Target.
I place Ty in the cart seat and Ace in the basket. I placed my purse in the seat with Ty and then the diaper bag...
After trying to stuff it and tuck it into every nook and cranny the cart had, I opted to strap it over me. At this point I'm sweating bullets because you know the hormones, heat, and humidity make a Mama crazy!
As soon as I bypassed Starbucks because how in the heck does Mama get a drink for herself and not her 22 month old, I realized that I had no room in the cart for the list I made. And, you know there was bound to be oodles of random things that I just HAD to have.
That's when Todd got his text...don't come home. Come to Target. I can't shop until you do. Which leads to a few things I need to invent to make "life with 2" easier:
1. Infant Carrier Carrying Mother Parking (like Babies-R-Us Expectant Mother Parking)...those things are heavy without babies inside. Even my little squirt who is now up to 7 lbs. and 5 oz.
2. Carts for Mothers of 2...how in the heck is a Mama supposed to shop or just get out of the dag on house for sanity? (For the record, I did consider our double stroller which has a GREAT storage area underneath. However, it does have WAAAAY to easy of access for Ty to grab items off shelves. It's also huge. It's for the mall. Besides, I tried to visit Kroger one time with Ty in his stroller versus his cart and it made me shoplift a can of green beans.)
3. Sync-ing Body Clocks...I pray this gets better but hello...can both boys take a nap at the same time once. Just one day. Ahhhh....I can't wait for this to happen!
Just as Todd arrived in the store, we heard a loud grunt and the oh-so-familiar sound of Ace-Man filling his diaper. Ty informed us that "Ace's Poo'd Mama".
Why does he always add "Mama" do it?
4. Why do Men's bathrooms not have changing tables?
5. Bathing Suits for Mama's of Summer Babies...yeah, lets just say DON'T try on a bathing suit 2 weeks post-partum and expect to be in a good mood afterwards. Something needs to be invented. Even if it's just a Shallow Hal mirror. Something. Ugh. I HAD to go to the pool for on Memorial Day. I remember wearing a 2 piece 3 weeks after Ty. Hahha...never. ever. again.
Anyhow, Mama sent the boys home with Daddy and strolled those aisels slowly. $200 and a trip to get my nails "did" later I arrived home to 1 exhausted Daddy. It was the first time he'd had them for 90 minutes by himself. Welcome to my crazy life Mister. Yes, I love it...but SO exhausting!